After trimming the tricopter and making a few more flights I decided to modify the tail tilt mechanism. I'd seen a number of videos on youtube that showed a tilt mechanism where a square block of wood was attached to the rear spar with a piece of fibreglass rod. I rejigged the tail to use this mechanism.
Initial tests proved successful but after a while the pivot rod worked loose resulting in a crash from about 4 metres.
The crash caused a bit of damage. The damage would have been repairable at the field except that one of the CW props broke and I didn't have a spare.
The next stage is to repair the 'copter and have some more fun!